Regional Administrator (Region 2)
Are you an experienced Administrator looking for the chance to make a significant contribution to the quality of life for vision impaired veterans?
- £21,110 per annum
- Closing date is 11:59 PM on 28 February 2018
35 hours per week
At Blind Veterans UK, we believe that no one who has served our Country should have to battle blindness alone. It is our mission to ensure that vision impaired ex-service men and women have access to the finest quality of services to help them discover life beyond sight loss.
Following our own research and in line with the ethos of the Care Act we are developing our services closer to the point of need. Our Regional Administrators work as part of a regional team, providing high quality administrative, organisational and engagement support to a number of Community Services in order to allow them to focus on delivering a service to vision impaired veterans.
In the Regional Administrator role you will:
- Provide administrative support to the Regional Manager and up to three Community Team Leaders including financial record keeping, cash handling, banking, communications, minute taking, dealing with general correspondence, producing reports and statistics and formulating newsletters
- Assist with the formulation and implementation of administrative, financial, computer and paper based systems for audit, performance management and monitoring purposes
- Coordinate diaries, attending and arranging meetings, taking and circulating minutes
- Liaise with Blind Veterans UK members to arrange home visits, attending events
- Assist with arrangements for member engagement events and other community based activities
- Assist and deal with incoming calls, enquiries and contact from vision impaired veterans and the general public, including managing the communications with the wider team
- Assist with day to day management of the Regional office, including liaising with estates Services who manage the facilities
The ideal Regional Administrator for this role will:
- Have experience working with service users/members in a charitable/third-sector environment
- Have relevant administration and cash handling/petty cash experience
- Have experience with minute taking
- Have experience with financial record keeping
- Have experience providing administrative support to a team and working independently under pressure
- Be highly proficient in Excel (graphs), Word, Power Point, Outlook and the internet
- Have excellent verbal communication, organisational and interpersonal skills
- Be confident, friendly, patient, and tactful
- Be able to deal with ambiguity and have a flexible and ‘can do’ attitude to work
- Ideally have previous experience of working with vision impaired, elderly or disabled people
This is a Monday to Friday and primarily office based role, however travel to locations within the region will be necessary from time to time. Benefits include free life assurance, sickness benefit scheme, childcare voucher scheme, generous pension scheme and an employee assistance programme.
If you think you have what it takes to be part of a developing and growing charity that values its beneficiaries, staff and volunteers please apply now.
Closing date: Wednesday 28 February 2018
Interviews: Monday 12 March 2018
For further information, please download the Job Description (including Person Specification) below.
To apply, please download and complete our Application Form and Personal Details forms (below) and return to: email@example.com Please note only completed application forms will be accepted for consideration, not CVs.
If any part of the application process is inaccessible to you or you have questions about this opportunity, please advise us via firstname.lastname@example.org