Executive Assistant (EA) to Director and Assistant Director of Operations
We are looking for an enthusiastic, proactive and highly organised colleague to assist the Director and Assistant Director of Operations.
- £28,705 - £30,215 (dependent on location)
- Closing date is midday on 12 August 2021
Blind Veterans UK helps vision-impaired ex-Service men and women of every generation rebuild their lives after sight loss. Since 1915, we’ve provided rehabilitation, training, practical advice and emotional support to tens of thousands of blind veterans.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, proactive and highly organised colleague to assist the Director and Assistant Director of Operations by providing high quality, confidential and professional support to enable them to effectively manage their time.
A proven self-starter with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, this job is an excellent opportunity for the ideal candidate to take on new challenges and develop their professional skills.
This role would suit someone who has the ability/resources to work from home and enjoys the flexibility of homeworking
The job involves:
- Acting as the first point of contact between the Director and Assistant Director and external individuals and agencies, organising meetings and preparing agendas and documents.
- Assisting the Director of Operations and Assistant Director of Operations on the delivery of projects that are vital in meeting our strategic objectives.
- Providing meticulous secretarial and administrative support to the Director and Assistant Director which will require exceptional diary management; drafting and managing correspondence, accurate and effective minute taking and the ability to organise operational management events, conferences and away days.
- Regular travel across all parts of the UK to support the Directors.
If you would like to apply please send your up to date CV and Supporting Statement set out in not more than 700 words detailing how your skills, knowledge and experience matches the requirements of the role as shown in the job description and person specification to: email@example.com
Closing date: 12 August 2021 at midday
1st Interview: Virtual: week commencing 23 August 2021
2nd Interview: Face to face in a location to be confirmed: week commencing 30 August 2021
Should we receive a high volume of interest, we may close applications for this vacancy before the deadline so you are advised to express your interest as soon as possible.
We are lucky to receive many enquiries and applications for our vacancies. Because of this we don't acknowledge each one - if you haven't heard from us within a week of the closing date, please assume that we won't be inviting you for an interview. You are, of course, welcome to try again if a suitable post comes up. We are unable to provide feedback to candidates not shortlisted for interview.