Operational Services Manager - Brighton/Rustington
We’re looking for an inspiring leader who can successfully engage and motivate a multifunctional team to successfully deliver high quality customer service to our blind veterans
- £50,000 per annum
- Closing date is midnight on 22 May 2022
Hours: 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday with some weekend working required
We’re looking for an inspiring leader who can successfully engage and motivate a multifunctional team to successfully deliver high quality customer service to our blind veterans within our centres.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Creating a highly positive and solution focused working culture, leading and developing a multifunctional team to deliver bookings, front of house, administration & communications, facility management, transport and entertainment.
- Ensuring alignment in approach with our sister Centre, collaborating with colleagues across the directorate and maximizing external relationships to support, develop and deliver high quality customer service to our members.
- Management of any relevant contracts and third-party suppliers, ensuring regulatory compliance standards are met where needed and partnership in line with our procurement practices.
- Centre communication internally and externally ensuring it is compliant with the Visit Britain Accessibility Framework, demonstrates Centre Offer and is received by relevant stakeholders.
- Setting and effectively managing the departmental budget of circa £2M including income generation and developing annual long-term plans.
- Ensuring the implementation of a volunteering plan within the centre in line with the BVUK Volunteering Strategy.
As our Operational Services Manager you will have a strong record of providing an accessible customer environment experience at a senior level and can manage a complex, highly interconnected, operational environment. You will hold a relevant degree or have an equivalent professional portfolio and hold or demonstrate the commitment and ability to work towards NVQ Level 4 in Customer Service/Leadership and Management.
You will be a positive influencer, able to demonstrate confidence, motivation, and commitment. We expect high levels of integrity and behaviours consistent with our values and culture statement.
Benefits include free life assurance, generous pension scheme (after three months), a health cashback scheme (after one year’s service), an Employee Assistance Programme and an excellent working environment.
*Please note that this role is currently based in our Brighton Centre but will be based in our exciting new centre in Rustington (currently planned to be opened later this year). Applicants will need to be able to commute to Rustington once the move has taken place.
This position is subject to Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service checks.
Closing date: Sunday 22nd May 2022
Interview date: Thursday 26th & Friday 27th May 2022
Blind Veterans UK helps ex-Service men and women of every generation rebuild their lives after sight loss. Since 1915 we’ve provided rehabilitation, training, practical advice and emotional support to tens of thousands of blind veterans. We believe every blind veteran should be able to lead the life they choose. We’re here to help veterans of every generation overcome sight loss.
To apply, please submit your current CV along with a supporting statement, explaining how you meet the Person Specification (within the Job Description below). Please email both to
email@example.com and include “Operational Services Manager, Brighton/Rustington” in your email title.
Please note we are only able to consider applicants who submit a CV with a Supporting Statement.
If you have any particular requirements relating to our recruitment process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org