Payroll Executive (Maternity Cover)
We are looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated Payroll Executive to provide comprehensive support to our Payroll team. This is a temporary placement covering a period of maternity leave.
- £24,000 - £29,000
- Fixed Term
- Closing date is 5PM on 28 October 2020
Payroll Executive (maternity cover for up to 12 months)
Full-time (35 hours per week)
£24,000 - £29,000 per year, dependent on location, qualifications and experience
Blind Veterans UK helps vision-impaired ex-Service men and women of every generation rebuild their lives after sight loss. Since 1915, we’ve provided rehabilitation, training, practical advice and emotional support to tens of thousands of blind veterans.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated Payroll Executive to provide comprehensive support to our Payroll team. This is a temporary placement covering a period of maternity leave. Reporting to the Payroll, Rewards and Benefits Manager, the main duties and responsibilities of the role are:
- To be the first point of contact for the Payroll team, providing a confident and friendly service for both internal and external queries and requests.
- To assist with the inputting, reporting and analysing of data in the HR and Payroll database, CoreHR.
- To assist with the monthly processing of three payrolls.
- Administration of staff benefits such as a pension scheme, health cash back plan and cycle to work scheme.
Based from home, some of the work will be supporting other centres and locations. Should the national situation change in regards to Covid-19, there may be a need for travel to our centres and other locations from time to time, with infrequent overnight stays.
Due to the nature of this role being home-based, applicants can apply from anywhere in the country.
The ideal applicant for this role will:
- Hold at least a CIPP Level 1 Practitioner Certificate in Payroll Management (essential).
- Have experience working within a payroll department.
- Have experience working with payroll software (experience with CoreHR is desirable).
- Be confident with communications including e-mail and Microsoft Teams (audio and video).
- Have proficient use of Microsoft Office, including Excel.
- Be an excellent communicator, professional and diplomatic.
- Have excellent organisational and time management skills.
Closing date: 5pm on Wednesday 28 October 2020
Interview date: Wednesday 11 November 2020
Benefits include free life assurance, a generous pension scheme, employee assistance programme and an excellent working environment.
This post is subject to enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly CRB).
For further information, please download and review the Job Description (including Person Specification) below.
If you would like to apply, please download and complete our Application and Personal Details Forms and email them to email@example.com.
Please note, only completed application forms will be considered. CVs will not be accepted.
If any part of the application process is inaccessible to you, kindly advise us via firstname.lastname@example.org
Because of the number of applications we receive we don't acknowledge each one. If you haven't heard from us within a week of the closing date, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are, of course, welcome to try again if a suitable post becomes available.