PR & Communication Executive
- £25,192.08 per annum
- Closing date is 10AM on 25 January 2022
Blind Veterans UK supports blind and vision-impaired men and women offering a range of services to enable them to retain their independence. We believe that no one who has served their country should battle blindness alone.
We have a new corporate strategy, Victory over Blindness 21, which aims to future proof the charity and provide the best possible support to blind veterans today and for decades to come. With this comes a fantastic opportunity to join our dynamic Marketing and Communications team.
We are currently looking for an experienced public and media relations PR and Communications Executive to join our Marketing and Communications team to communicate the Blind Veterans UK brand and key messages, to increase awareness and understanding and to help achieve our marketing objectives.
As PR & Communications Executive, you will:
- Support the team to develop and implement the Communications strategy and PR plans.
- Research and write press releases and contribute to in-house newsletters and publications.
- Liaise with and answer questions from the media and other organisations.
- Create and respond to social media activity, in liaison with digital colleagues.
- Measure the impact of media and digital communications activity, producing reports as required.
- Attend PR events and co-ordinate press activity.
As the ideal candidate, you will be resourceful and proactive with the ability to influence, persuade and engage with a range of internal and external stakeholders. Experienced in PR and media relations you will be adept at dealing with sensitive issues and writing engaging press releases.
Our benefits package include:
- This is a homebased role
- Employee assistance programme
- Generous Group Personal Pension scheme (up to 10% of salary employer contribution)
- Professional Subscription
- Life Assurance
- Learning and development resources and courses
If you would like to apply, please email your up to date CV and a supporting statement of no more than 700 words to describe how your knowledge, skills, and experience make you an ideal candidate for the role to: Recruitment@blindveterans.org.uk with the subject line “PR & Communications Executive”.
Please note CVs without a supporting statement, as detailed above, will not be accepted.
Closing Date: Tuesday 25 January 2022, 10am
Interviews: w/c 31 January 2022 via MS Teams
Should we receive a high volume of interest, we may close applications for this vacancy before the deadline so you are advised to express your interest as soon as possible.