Fry Up for Veterans
Take on our ultimate breakfast challenge
Host a Fry Up for Veterans and start the day with some proper grub. Whether it’s a super vegan smoothie with kale, goji berries and tofu, an espresso and croissant or a XXXL Full English gut-buster, you can raise money and fill your boots.
Get the neighbours, family and loved ones around the table and get stuck in.
We’ve got loads of fundraising ideas to make your event a whopping success.
How to make the most of your Fry Up for Veterans?
There are lots of ways you can make your Fry Up an event to remember, all whilst raising vital funds for Blind Veterans UK!
Here’s how to do it:
- How you charge is up to you - Ask your friends and family to give a £5 donation to attend or ask them donate whatever they think it is worth. People tend to give more when there is no expectation!
- Keep it going - At the end of your event, put all the names of the attendees into a hat, pull out a name and nominate that person to hold their own event.
- Give it a theme! You could consider; red, white and blue, Eco-friendly/vegan, back to school or push the boat out and go healthy!
- During your event, run some fun activities such as a raffle, name the bear or guess how many sugar lumps in the bowl.
- Make it a collaborative effort – ask guests to make their own goodies then swap and share on the day.
A Fry Up doesn't need to be bacon and sausages, what about whipping up a batch of pancakes? Check out our perfect pancake recipe.
Rebuild lives after sight loss
By hosting your Fry Up for Veterans you are helping us rebuild lives after sight loss.
In return we promise:
- All the materials you need to host your Fry Up (and the chance to order more if you are doing something really special!).
- Hints and tips on how to make yours a Fry Up to remember.
- An introduction to your local fundraising team who will be on hand to help you with anything you may need.