Dress Up for Veterans
Have some fun with your wardrobe by Dressing Up for Veterans
Either plan a Dress Up day at your workplace or school and recruit as many people to join in as possible or join in our selfie challenge! There are hundreds of themes to choose from – rock up as your favourite musician, wear your pyjamas all day, play Santa in the middle of June or simply raid your wardrobe for the worse ensemble you can create. All money raised will go towards helping blind veterans across the UK.
How to make the most of your Dress Up?
There are lots of ways you can make your Dress Up an event to remember, all whilst raising vital funds for Blind Veterans UK. Here’s how to do it!
- Pick a date! Tie it in with your chosen theme if you can (for example literary characters on World Book Day) or simply choose a date when most people will be in!
- Spread the word! We have loads of tips and tools to help you publicise your Dress Up day but make sure to get it in the calendar ASAP.
- How you charge is up to you; ask people for a set amount donation to join in or ask them donate whatever they think it is worth. People tend to give more when there is no expectation!
- Go the extra mile – plan other easy fundraising activities on the same day to really create a buzz. You could hold a baby photo competition, a pot luck lunch or a Bonus Ball sweepstake. We have oodles of ideas in our Fundraising A-Z if you’re stuck!
By taking part in Dress Up for Veterans day you are helping us rebuild lives after sight loss.
In return we promise;
- All the materials you need to hold your Dress Up day (and the chance to order more if you are doing something really special!)
- Hints and tips on how to make yours a day to remember
- An introduction to your local fundraising team who are hand to help with anything you may need
Still need inspiration? Here are some of our favourite themes;
- Dress down
- Onesie Monday
- Bad Taste
- 80’s throwback
- Freaky Friday (at Halloween)
- Red, White & Blue
- Back to School