Transforming more lives than ever before
We currently support over 4,500 veterans and we will continue to do so for the rest of their lives. Whether someone needs rehabilitation, a tech device to enable them to stay connected with family or an adaptation to their home, we’re there to offer any support our veterans need to live an independent and fulfilling life.
Mark, aged 46 from Saltdean, served in the Army from 1984 to 1999. He was a Sergeant in the Royal Corps of Signals and worked as an electronics engineer. His career ended when he sadly lost his sight in 1999 in an accident.
Mark has been receiving free, continued support from Blind Veterans UK for nearly 20 years. The technology we have supplied and training we have provided helps Mark to live independently.
“I love using the different gadgets and they make a real difference in helping me live independently. Ultimately, the technology and training the charity has provided has given me the confidence to live my life, which is priceless.”Mark, blind veteran
From service delivery, equipment and special projects - no matter how much you have to give, you can make a difference.
- £30 gets a blind veteran a long cane to help navigate the world independently.
- £100 pays for a phone designed for vision impaired people, making it easier to talk to friends and family.
- £300 pays for a community based assessment, ensuring the support we provide our veterans meets their specific needs.
- £500 pays for an Easy Reader Scanner, enabling blind veterans to 'read' their own post.
- £1000 covers a week of residential training at one of our centres.