It is really important to make and update your Will, as it ensures that you can look after your family and friends.
It gives you control over what happens to your money, possessions, property and your support for causes close to your heart once you've gone.
Will writing support
- It is important to keep your Will up to date. Ensure the details and clauses still reflect your wishes, especially if there has been a change in your personal circumstances.
- We recommend using a solicitor to make or change your Will. Ensuring your wishes are correctly taken care of and potentially saving time and expenses for family or friends when administering your Will.
- Use trusted recommendations for a solicitor or you can contact the Law Society to find a solicitor in your area.
Will writing information
- Decide and make a list of who you would like to benefit from your estate.
- It is important to list your assets and the value e.g. savings, property, pension etc. whilst also listing what you owe e.g. an outstanding mortgage or loan.
- You can then consider how you would like to distribute your money: cash gifts or percentage gifts.
- Once your loved ones are taken care of you may wish to remember your favourite charitable causes, and we hope that you may consider Blind Veterans UK.
If you are still unsure of where to start and need help, please don't hesitate to get in contact with any questions or for more information about leaving a gift in your Will. You can contact our friendly Gifts in Wills team on 07810 504632 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org