What is Payroll Giving?
Payroll Giving, also known as Give As You Earn, is an easy way to donate to charity straight from your wages or pension. The donation will be taken pre-tax (through your payroll), meaning your donation will be cost effective.
This means that:
- On a basic tax rate, a £8 donation will amount to £10.
- On a higher tax rate, a donation of £6 will amount to £10.
- On an additional tax rate, a donation of £5.50 will amount to £10.
This way, you're making your donation go even further.
How to set up Payroll Giving?
In order to set up Payroll Giving, you need to be a PAYE employee. You can also donate in this way through a pension.
- Complete this simple form
You'll be asked:
- How often you would like to donate
- Your employers details and national insurance/employee/staff number
- Which charity or charities you would like to support and how much you would like to donate (you will not be asked to give any bank details)
- How you would like to be contacted
- Your personal details
- Your donation may take up to six weeks to take effect depending on when in the pay cycle you completed your form.
If you have any questions regarding Payroll Giving please call us on 0300 111 2233 or email us at email@example.com
Benefits for employers
- Supports good causes that share your values
- Shows commitment to your employees
- Improves staff morale and motivation
- Simple to set up and easy to run
- Boosts your CSR profile and public image
- Recognition via Quality Mark Awards
- Tax benefits
- Improves your PR
Are you a business looking to provide a payroll giving scheme?
Please call our Corporate Partnerships team on 020 7616 7977 or contact us here.
Blind Veterans UK is currently only able to reach one in ten veterans who would benefit from our services. By signing up for Payroll Giving, you could honour our visually-impaired ex-Service men and women and give them the help they need and deserve.