London to Paris Bike Ride
Join our team and ride London to Paris for a truly inspirational experience; you'll make friends for life, push yourself beyond your limits but most of all make memories you’ll cherish for a lifetime. You could even witness the finale of the world's greatest cycle race!
Date: Wednesday 11 September - Sunday 15 September
Location: Hilton Hotel, Croydon
Registration fee: £125 (see 'Costs' tab for full details)
The London to Paris Bike Ride is an awesome cycling challenge and is by far one of the best fundraising events in Europe, attracting hundreds of riders each year.
We’ll spend 4 days in the saddle, cycling 311 miles from capital to capital. Our journey begins in London with the route taking us through glorious English countryside as we cycle from Kent to Dover, before crossing the Channel to Calais. Once across the water, we start cycling ‘French style’, remembering to keep to the right! We cycle along quiet French country lanes, through traditional market towns with views of the rolling green hills of Northern France, passing the war memorials and cemeteries of the Somme; poignant and meaningful to the beginnings of Blind Veterans UK.
A spectacular finish awaits us as we reach the home stretch around the Arc de Triomphe and down the Champs Elysées, before reaching the piece de resistance, the Eiffel Tower, which marks our finish line. The days in the saddle may be long but the sense of achievement we’ll feel crossing the finish line and the euphoric atmosphere as we celebrate our achievements in this magnificent capital, the saddle soreness soon wears off!
Why not add some Tour de France excitement into the mix and enjoy simply the best road cycling challenge we have to offer! On our Tour de France finale challenge you'll arrive in Paris in time to witness the finale of the world's greatest cycle race. As we enter Paris in one large peloton, the crowds will be cheering thinking the Tour has reached the city one day early! The atmosphere is simply electric!
With a limited number of spaces available don’t miss out – register today!
There are two ways to take the challenge:
Option A - Minimum Sponsorship (Registration Fee £125 + Min Sponsorship £1600)
This option means the challenge balance of your event cost is met through raising a minimum sponsorship for Blind Veterans UK.
- Step 1 – To join the challenge you pay the non-refundable registration fee and commit to raising the minimum sponsorship shown on the challenge page.
- Step 2 – Start fundraising and send your sponsorship money to Blind Veterans UK as you raise it. We will keep a log of monies you are sending in.
- Step 3 – 80% of your minimum sponsorship must be received by Blind Veterans UK no later than 10 weeks before departure. If you have raised the required amount, Blind Veterans UK would then be in a position to pay the challenge balance, which is never more than 50% of the minimum sponsorship figure.
- Step 4 – The remaining 20% of your minimum sponsorship should be sent to Blind Veterans UK no later than 4 weeks following your return after the challenge.
Option B - Self-funding (Registration Fee £125 + Self Funding £800 + £800 Sponsorship)
This option enables you to fund the entire challenge yourself, which means you commit to raising £800 sponsorship for Blind Veterans UK, instead of the £1,600 in option A.
- Step 1 – You pay the non-refundable registration fee in order to join the challenge.
- Step 2 - Set up your fundraising page and begin raising your £800 for Blind Veterans UK. We can help you on your way with support and fundraising ideas.
- Step 2 – 10 weeks before departure, you will receive an invoice to pay the challenge balance as shown on the respective challenge page.
What's included in the cost?
- One way ferry crossing from Dover to Calais
- One way Eurostar ticket from Paris to London
- Lunch on day 1, breakfast, lunch and dinner on days 2, 3 and 4, and breakfast on day 5
- All accommodation with the exception of the evening prior to the start of the challenge
- Refreshment stops including water, fruit, and a variety of snacks/energy bars/cereal bars every 15-20 miles cycled approx.
- Vehicles for back up and support
- Route markers or cycle guides
- English-speaking guides
- Global Adventure Challenges Event Crew
- Mechanic support. Basic spare bike parts will be taken but please note, we cannot cater for every eventuality, therefore it is vital that participants ensure that their bike is in full working order and in good condition. You will be billed for any spare parts used in repairing your bike.
Need more information before you sign up?
- Please click here for brochure.
- Please click here for TDF Route 1 brochure.
- Please click here for images.
- Please click here for demographics data.
- Please click here for TDF demographics data.