About the Training
In the UK, there are over 2 million people with sight loss which can be a huge barrier to people wanting to leave the comfort of their home. We want to encourage businesses to train staff to feel at ease when guiding customers with sight loss, in hope that more people will feel confident to venture out and feel less isolated.
The course Supporting Visually Impaired Customers offers employees in service industry organisations a brief overview of how to greet, talk to, guide and support visually impaired customers to ensure they feel welcome and that their needs are fully accommodated. The focus of the course is very practical, with tips and advice how to offer a service that is tailored to the VI customer’s individual requirements.
The course is structured into 3 short modules to allow participants to pause after each section to review what they have learnt and test their knowledge.
Features and benefits
The course contains many exciting features and benefits for your business, but don’t take our word for it, read some of the testimonials and features below:
- Focus on practical advice and tips which can be readily put into practice and is motivated by commercial imperatives: improving service, attracting and retaining customers, meeting disability friendly legal/policy requirements
- Short and concise content segments to ensure the material is accessible and easy to learn
- Modular format to allow for review and reflection at points throughout with test review questions at intervals to reinforce learning
- Flexible format retains the potential for development, including the option to extend the content
How it works
We have made the delivery of the course as simple and barrier-free as possible. We wanted to share a product with you which can be easily integrated into your organisation’s existing L&D programme. This is achieved by:
- Offering time-limited or flexible access to the modules according to the needs of your organisation
- Providing scaled access according to the size of your organisation, from 10 to 10,000 employees
- Allow monitoring of course uptake and completion rates through admin logins
- Enable individuals to dip in and out of the course so that their learning can fit flexibly around their core business activities
- Present each candidate with certification upon completion of the course
Thank you to our current partners for testing and being a part of a pilot and making it such a success!