Get involved in #GivingTuesday this year
Join five million people on Tuesday 28 November 2017 and give a donation, dress up, bake and help spread the word about our charity.
What is #GivingTuesday?
If you don’t know about Giving Tuesday, it takes place on Tuesday 28 November and is a day for individuals and businesses to show their support for charity, in whichever way suits them best. It’s earned a Guinness World Record for the most online donations in 24 hours and five million people will be taking part this year.
Whether you make a donation, volunteer some of your time, dress up in our colours, bake or create - the key is to get everyone involved for the day.
Make a donation today
What happened last year?
In 2016, our staff, blind veterans and lovely supporters dressed up in red, white and blue; painted faces, nails and beards; held bake sales; and did plenty of sharing across social media. The money raised went straight back into helping our blind veterans to discover life beyond sight loss.
What can you do this year?
There are plenty of different ways for you to get involved:
- Bake something - bake cakes, sausage rolls, vegan treats or anything else you think people would make a donation for.
- Provide a service or skill - massage, eyebrow threading, portrait sketching, or any other ideas you have
- Dress up - or down. The theme is red, white and blue.
- Get social - change your social media profile or cover picture to one of our Giving Tuesday designs.
- Share - WhatsApp your friends and share our social media posts to encourage others to donate too.
- Give - make a monetary or another type of donation.
- Volunteer - donate your time by signing up to a volunteering role.
- Collect - do a donation collection in your local community.
- Party - invite all your friends and family over and have a great time while raising money for our charity.
This year we'd love for you to use your social media as much as possible - posting, tweeting and sharing photos. Don’t forget to tag our social accounts, so we can see what you're up to. Please encourage your friends and family to get involved too.