Organise your own event
Thinking of organising your own event? From cake sales to festive parties there are many ways you can raise money for Blind Veterans UK and have fun at the same time!
We are here to offer you inspiration and advice to make sure your event is a success. Below are some of our top ideas:
- Cake bake
- Coffee morning
- Wine tasting evening
- Seasonal events e.g. Halloween party
Here’s a handy checklist to help you plan your own event:
- Decide what to do – Choose what fundraising event you’d like to do then tell us about it
- Set a date – Remember to consider the weather!
- Set yourself a fundraising target – Let everyone know how much you want to raise
- Get inspired – Download our fundraising guide for ideas and support when organising your event
- Set up a JustGiving page – It only takes a few minutes to set up a page and it’s quick and easy to share with friends. The money donated will also come directly to us
- Spread the word – Tell all your friends, family and colleagues about your fundraising to help you reach your target
- Keeping your event safe and legal – we’ve written a handy guide for you to download so you know what you do and don’t need to know
- Pay in your money – Count up all the money you’ve raised and contact us to identify the best way to get your money to us
- Let us know how it went – We’d also love to see your photos!
Please get in touch if you would like to speak to the team about your fundraising event by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please tell us about what you have planned so we can offer the advice and support you need by completing the form below: