Partner with us
We welcome the opportunity to work together to make a difference to the lives of our veterans and their families.
The Corporate Relationships team at Blind veterans UK are dedicated to making any potential partnerships as rewarding as possible for your company. We can help you engage staff, connect with our supporters and reach your own CSR objectives.
Your support will make a real difference to the lives of blind veterans all across the UK.There are plenty of ways we can work together to allow blind veterans to live a life beyond sight loss:
- Employee fundraising We'll assist with your fundraising and share ideas and case studies to inspire your staff to support our vital work. Choose to donate as little or as much of your monthly salary as you choose.
- Matched giving Matching your employees' generosity inspires people to give more and shows your support for Blind Veterans UK.
- Charity of the year Make us your charity of the year to make a real difference to our beneficiaries.
- Sponsorship Support one of our landmark events, such as the 100k Walk to raise your profile.
- Donate old cars Support us by donating your car today and making a real difference to Blind Veterans UK: http://www.giveacar.co.uk/donate/car-donation
- You can choose to donate all the proceeds, or give half to Blind veterans UK and keep half for yourself.
- Gift of shares Giving to us through stocks, shares or investments is an extremely tax-efficient way to help. If you have any investments you'd like to give to us, they could make a lasting difference to blind veterans. There's no capital gains tax to pay on your gift, and your donation could reduce your taxable income.
- Volunteering We can arrange for your staff to volunteer at one of the centres, attend our nationwide reunion events for our blind veterans or offer consultancy services pro bono in your field of expertise.
- Gifts in kind We don't just need money. Gifts in kind can help showcase your products.
The Annington company has committed £25,000 a year for three years to help Blind Veterans UK with the establishment of their centre in Llandudno, which provides rehabilitation and life skills training for independent living to help former servicemen and women who have become blind.
There have been a number of fund raising initiatives completed by Annington employees: three employees formed part of the Dinner in the Dark Committee with the event raising £16,000; a group of employees alongside colleagues from our partner, Touchstone, walked 50 and 100 kilometres from London to Brighton; an employee ran the Brighton Half Marathon; one skydived and another abseiled down the Arcelor Mittal Orbit at the Olympic Park, all raising more than £14,000 for the charity.
“Walking part of the 100km route from London to Brighton on behalf of Blind Veterans, was the most demanding yet rewarding 24 hours of my life. Meeting 68 year old Dave with only 5 per cent vision doing the 100km put my challenge into perspective.” Stephen Tonkin, Annington Rentals Team.
"We had a fantastic Armed Forces Week 2015 here at Newcastle upon Tyne. We raised £502.54 for Blind Veterans UK. I would also like to say a special thank you to the charity for helping us in getting Colin Williamson (a blind veteran) into our store."
Jennie Peebles, Newcastle Assistant Manager
Find out more
Does your employer have a payroll giving/ pay as you earn scheme? If so you could support us through your salary
If you’d like to find out more about the inspirational veterans we support then read their stories here
Feel like you want to know more about Blind Veterans UK? Then visit our about us page for up to date information