Vision, mission, values and culture
When Blind Veterans UK was founded In 1915, our mission was to help soldiers blinded during the First World War.
Today we offer lifelong support to Armed Forces and National Service veterans - no matter what the cause of their sight loss, and regardless of how long they served.
We help blind and vision impaired ex-Service personnel regain their independence and discover life after sight loss.
Our ultimate goal is to achieve victory over blindness.
To provide high quality national support to blind veterans, as and where they need it, in order to help them achieve independence and fulfillment, transforming their lives.
Our values underpin the way we work and interact with each other, and how we deliver services to blind veterans. Built around the central statement "We work together as One Team."
- Caring is at the heart of everything we do
- We enable and trust each other
- We foster a pioneering spirit
- We celebrate success!
- We take informed and bold decisions
- We‘re all accountable for our actions
- We welcome purposeful challenge as a means to improve
- We work together with care towards a collective goal
- We are open and transparent
- We bring the outside in
- We are always learning