Skip to content

Complaints procedure

You are encouraged to raise concerns at any time directly with the person/ staff involved. He or she will try to resolve the problem with you and advise you if further action is needed. However, if you are unable to discuss your concerns at this level, or you are not happy with the outcome, you may wish to lodge a formal complaint. The following information explains how to do this.

Fundraising activity

If you have comments relating to our fundraising activity, please email us, call 0300 111 22 33 or write to us:

Supporter Services
Blind Veterans UK
3 Queen Square

For more information please read our fundraising complaints policy.

Complaints about our service delivery

Formal Complaints

You may wish to lodge a formal complaint if:

  • Your concerns have not been satisfactorily resolved informally.
  • The informal process is not acceptable or appropriate to you, for whatever reason.

How do I make a formal complaint?

  • Put your complaint on tape, email or in writing. Alternatively the relevant manager (see below) will be happy to speak to you and note your concerns.
  • Make it very clear what the complaint is and what you think should be done about it.

Who to contact about your complaint:

Complaints Officer
Blind Veterans UK
3 Queen Square


The Complaints Officer will ensure that Blind Veterans UK review a complaint impartially, and deal with it in line with this procedure.

Complaints procedure

What will happen after I lodge my complaint?

Complaints Handling Process: You will be contacted within three working days of the complaint being received. You may be asked to give more details of the complaint. You may want to ask a friend, relative or other representative (such as an advocate) to speak on your behalf or to attend any meeting which may be required in connection with the complaint. Upon being contacted you will be advised of how your complaint will be handled.

What if I am still not happy with the outcome of my complaint?

Appeals: If you remain dissatisfied with result of the formal complaints process then you can appeal in writing explaining why you are dissatisfied; this must done within 28 days of receiving the response. An appeals panel will be formed comprising of the Complaints Officer and another Director not previously involved in the complaint. The Complaints Officer will write to you within 7 days of the panel meeting outlining its findings.

If I am still not happy with the outcome, is there anywhere else I can go?

The Care Quality Commission (CQC) is a public body responsible for regulating the standards of care provided in care homes in England, including Blind Veterans UK. In Wales this governing body is known as The Care Inspectorate Wales (CIW). If you are booked into care and are unhappy with the care service, you can make a complaint to the CQC or CIW at any time.

You may wish to discuss your concerns with an advocacy service, such as those provided by Age UK or Counsel and Care. Their contact details, along with those of the CQC and CSSIW are as follows:

Age UK (Head Office)
7th Floor Tavis House
1-6 Tavistock Square
Tel: 0800 169 80 80

Counsel and Care
Twyman House
16 Bonny Street
Tel: 020 7241 8555

Care Quality Commission (CQC)
151 Buckingham Palace Road
Tel: 03000 61 61 61

Care Inspectorate Wales (CSSIW)
Rhydycar Business Parks
Merthyr Tydfil
CF48 1UZ
Tel: 0300 790 0126

Read more