How to set up an online fundraising page
Use an online giving site like JustGiving to set up a fundraising page, which makes it easier to get sponsorship from family and friends.
Details vary from site to site, but generally you will have to:
- Create an account by giving some basic details such as your name and email address, or log in if you already have an account.
- Describe your event and create your page:
- Explain what you are doing, when you are doing it, and why you are doing it.
- Make your story personal and include photos to engage people and attract more donations. For example, tell readers if you are fundraising in memory of someone, or in honour of a family member or friend who is supported by Blind Veterans UK.
- Explain the vital work that Blind Veterans UK do and why it matters to you.
- Choose Blind Veterans UK as the charity you are raising money for.
- Use QR codes to allow people to donate quickly and easily. JustGiving have advice on how to create a QR code .