Give It Up - ditch your vices
Kick a habit and help raise money for blind veterans
How do I take part? 🤔
First off, choose the thing you want to give up. You could ditch your morning coffee, sacrifice your glass of wine or takeaway at the weekend, or sign out of social media. See our suggestions below for more inspiration.
Pick something that will be a challenge to live without and then pledge to give it up for a set period of time. Could you go without gaming or chocolate for a day, a week or a month?
Register your Give It Up with us and we'll give you all the help you need to make your challenge a success. Then, set up a fundraising page and spread the word to friends, family and colleagues about what you're doing.
How much does it cost? 💷
Nothing. All we ask is that you raise as much as you can for Blind Veterans UK.
Supporters like you play a huge role in raising the vital funds we need to support isolated blind veterans.
of blind veterans across the UK still need our support
How we’ll help you
Register your Give It Up and we’ll send you everything you need to make the most of your challenge, including:
- Images to use on social media
- Promotional posters for your workplace or school
- Hints and tips on how to make your challenge a success
- An introduction to your local fundraising team, who are on hand to help with anything you may need
- Updates on how the money you raise helps blind veterans
Make sure you sign up to receive emails from us when you're registering your challenge. Otherwise, we won't be able to send you all the information and support you need.
Suggestions for Give It Up
- Social media– sign out of some of the apps you use a lot, or ditch your phone all together.
- TV – see if you can cope without your favourite shows.
- Gaming – put down the controller and take up another hobby.
- Caffeine – go without your morning coffee or tea.
- Alcohol – sacrifice that glass of wine or beer at the weekend.
- Treats – if you have a sweet tooth, give up chocolate, cakes or biscuits.
- Plastic – do your bit for the environment and see if you can avoid packaging and bags.
- Talking – keep schtum for a set amount of time.
- Buying new clothes – if you're a shopaholic, this one could save you money too! Or you could donate the savings to Blind Veterans UK.
- Public transport – walk, run or cycle instead. It'll save you money and it's better for the environment.
- Eating out – avoid restaurants and takeaways and sharpen your culinary skills by cooking at home.
Sign up for a Give It Up challenge
Sacrifice something you love to raise money for isolated blind veterans