Military group fundraising
At Blind Veterans UK we are a military family, supporting thousands of ex-Servicemen and women for life.
We are here for our veterans when they need us, but we could not help them without the support of our extended military family.
We need you to fundraise for us so that no blind veteran has to face sight loss alone.
Raising money for us gives you the chance to connect to former and current veterans, and the wider military community. And it helps us provide life-changing services and equipment to thousands of vision-impaired veterans.
Are you ready to take on a sponsored run, climb the Three Peaks or tackle a 30-day boot camp challenge? Help us to help vision-impaired veterans by giving them the support they need to regain their independence.
Try out these activities with your military group
Soldier's blindfolded fundraising challenge
When serving soldier Nephi Attree decided to take on a fundraising trial, he wanted to do it blindfolded in honour of vision-impaired veterans.
Nephi, who is from Essex, wore a blindfold for 48 hours. He completed a 5K run, a 30-minute lane swim and a climbing session, and raised hundreds of pounds for our charity.
Nephi, who is an Exercise Rehabilitation Instructor with the Royal Army Physical Training Corps, said:
“When I found out about Blind Veterans UK and the way that they literally transform lives, it was an easy decision to support them. The cause really stuck with me.
"I’m interested to gain a new perspective on the challenges that the vision impaired experience on a daily basis."
More fundraising ideas
- Walk, hike or run – set up a route, get sponsorship and ask a local café or pub to lay on some grub at the end.
- Marathon – you don't have to go the 26.2 miles. Organise an aerobics, dancing or any other kind of marathon event. Ask people to pay an entry fee and see if local businesses will sponsor it or provide refreshments.
- Football – organise a five-a-side tournament or hold a sweepstake on a big match's results.
- Penalty shoot-out – talk to your local team about donating some signed kit and charge players a small entry fee to beat the goalie.
- Swimming – set yourself a distance target and get people to sponsor you per length.
- Dog walking – offer your services as a dog walker in exchange for donations.
You can help us to turn blind veterans' lives around
We believe that no one who served their country should face sight loss alone
of blind veterans across the UK still need our support
doorstep deliveries of emergency food and medication were made by our staff and volunteers in the past year